Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Great Ocean Road

The Great Ocean Road (GOR) is a 243 km stretch of road along the south-eastern coast of Australia between the Victorian cities of Torquay and Warrnambool. The road was constructed as a Memorial to those killed in the First World War. It is one of Australia's great scenic coastline drives.

GOR starts at Torquay and travels westward to the outskirts of Warrnambool. The road forms about 90% of B100 (previously designated as State Route 100), the remaining 10% known as the Surfcoast Highway which joins Geelong to Torquay.

We Conquer part of GOR, on the 29/12/2008, we started our journey from Doncater East to Port Campbell on the GOR, it took us about 4 hour via the inland route.

and coming back we took the GOR route. The journey back was challenging, long and winding road. 

while we are on the GOR we visited :-

God's Wonderful Creations

The Grotto

London Arch 
(formerly known as London Bridge before collapse of land section)

The Arch

Thunder Cave

The Blowhole

Elephant Rock


d'Lion said...

Great shots Joey. Really beautiful.

calebAARON said...

Great shots! Hey, our of curiosity. Did you stitch those photos?

Joey Chiang said...

Yes I did

Muhammad Naeem said...

Presently a days there is pattern to plan the inside and outside of houses as per new measures. You need to pick a well master in this field of Commercial Construction, Container Homes, Granny Flats, Cabins and Huts. We are capable without standing foundation of builders Warrnambool. Get qualities with latest lifestyles building?